Honey Recipe: Bite-Sized Honey Popcorn Balls
I just love cooking with honey and Halloween! This honey recipes is a fun and new way to make popcorn balls. These mini popcorn balls is an easy and fun honey recipe! These popcorn balls are a great alternative to large unmanageable popcorn balls.
- 20 cups air-popped popcorn (from 2/3 to 1 cup kernels)
1 1/4 cups butter, cut into chunks, plus more for your hands
- 1 1/4 cups honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Put popcorn in a large roasting pan. Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, use a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon to stir together 1 1/4 cups butter, the honey, and salt until butter is melted. Increase heat and boil honey mixture gently 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Carefully pour honey mixture over popcorn in roasting pan and stir gently to coat. Bake popcorn, stirring every 5 minutes, until deep golden all over, about 25 minutes.
- 4. Let popcorn stand 5 minutes, or just until cool enough to handle. Working quickly with lightly buttered hands, press small handfuls of the mixture into 1 1/2-in. balls, occasionally loosening popcorn from bottom of pan with a spatula. If mixture cools too much to be malleable, return it to oven for about 45 seconds to soften.
- 5. Put popcorn balls on prepared baking sheet and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.